Thursday, July 26, 2007

The Limemonkey @ Work Part II

Yeah, I lied. What can I say? I just can't stay away...I've been up for over 24 hours, but before I nod off I wanted to post these pics I took yesterday during my marathon shift. I felt like a paparazzi, what with all the guerrilla photography (the places I work and the company I guard are VERY secretive--they don't advertise but they own 85%-90% of the buildings downtown...needless to say they don't like getting their picture taken). Anyway, I know a bunch of you wanted to see my goofy ass on the Segway...so I took a short little movie with me riding it.

Enjoy.

The Lyric Opera House (home to Channel 9):


They had a tennis match yesterday down at B. Allis Plaza (about a stone's throw from our Command and Control Center):







Inside the Deramius building (used to be a hotel, now it's corporate):



This is the KC public library...did you know they have a garden on top? I didn't:








Alright, I mean it this time...I'm going to be gone for a few days...

6 comments:

Lrgblueeyes said...

Your my segway Hero

Jason said...

More like "Segway Zero"

Anonymous said...

I want to try it!

That garden atop the library is cool!

Jason said...

I rode the Segway for probably the last time today

:(

It was fun while it lasted. If you ever get the chance, you should check them out!! They're so much fun!

Anonymous said...

Augh, I remember trying that damned Segeway out when the account manager brought it down to our account. I HATED the damned thing from the moment I rolled forward on it.

Excellent photography, Jason. I got my acceptance for Tearing Down Tuesday on one of the fifteen minute internet computers at the Downtown Library. I also spent a fair amount of my "patrol time" in the parking lots at that garden patio on top of the library.

For those that like Segeways or want to try them out, I believe the Crossroads District and the Plaza both have companies that run tours of the local area for a nominal fee. Might be a good date.

BTW, Jason. I've worked enough hours to get those tickets. Let me know when you need them. I can probably get you two as I'll offer the other two to David and Deidre at Magazines and Coffee for their troubles.

Respects,
Murph
Northtown, Missouri

Jason said...

I can't believe you didn't like the Segway Murph. I will say that they are WAAAAAY to slow (what with us only getting the trainer or "slow" key).

Thanks for the compliments on the photos (that means a lot coming from a semi-profesional photographer like yourself).

As for the tickets to "Flashback Fantasy-Land" let me get back to you on that. I think I might take my baby sister out there before I leave...