Thursday, July 05, 2007

Dinos in the Garden

Woke up early today and took my little sisters to Powell Gardens. To be honest, I'm not a big "plant guy." No, I was more interested in the dinosaurs. I saw an ad in the paper about the "Jurassic Garden" exhibit that just opened out there (http://www.powellgardens.org/default.asp?page=JurassicGarden) ...then I saw the billboard downtown. I got excited. Every since I was a kid I've loved dinosaurs. Love 'em.

Anyway, it was really hot (90 degrees) but we still had a pretty good time. I hadn't been to Powell Gardens, but it was actually pretty nice. It wasn't nearly as good as the Botanical Gardens in St. Louis (but really, what out here in KC is better?). But the flowers were pretty.

Leah told my sisters that I'm afraid of butterflies...so the whole time they were making fun of me/shouting "there's a butterfly on you!" Thanks Leah.













7 comments:

Lrgblueeyes said...

That was cute Amber smiled at the end

Jason said...

Wish you had been there...

Lrgblueeyes said...

I would have saved you from the Butterflies and your taunting sisters (sorry about that)

Dave said...

So... What's so scary about butterflies?

I ask, not to mock you, but to understand.

Jason said...

I just don't like bugs...I hate how they fly right into you, touch you, etc. I'm not really AFRAID of them, per say...I just don't like them on me.

Anonymous said...

Keith & I were married at the chapel in Powell Gardens--did you go in?

Jason said...

No, we saw it but they were setting up an event of some king (probably a wedding).

That's cool you were married there, though I wouldn't get hitched there without the dinosaurs.