Tuesday, October 14, 2008

F-ing X-Mas in October

I really wanted/hoped Leah would blog about this--because this actually happened to her this weekend...but I can tell it's not going to happen, so here goes:

THIS WEEKEND A ST. LOUIS RADIO STATION STARTING BROADCASTING CHRISTMAS MUSIC.

I'll let you stop and consider what I've just written. Today is October 14. Think about it. Has your brain exploded yet? Apparently this station, which usually switches to an all "holiday" (read:Christmas) format around Thanksgiving, is about to change formats (from FM crap-rock to Sports Talk) in 2009--and the big-wigs decided "what the hell? Why not just fire everyone and start playing Christmas music early?"

This is why I will never be a success in any way--I could not, EVER, come up with a plan that retarded. So I guess that's why I'll never make the big bucks.

So now we have 75 degree weather--and "Jingle Bells." I am speechless. There are no more scared cows people. There is nothing corporate America will not do, in a lot of ways it's funny (well, actually it's funny-sad--that special kind of funny where you laugh as tears of sorrow roll gently down your cheeks).

Am I ranting about this? You're damn right I am.

No comments: