Tuesday, October 14, 2008

"Life Is What Happens When You're Busy Making Other Plans."

So said John Lennon.

Don't tell anyone, lest the word get out to the wrong people...but despite everything--I'm pretty happy right now. I know that there are storm clouds on the horizon, but I'm ignoring that big-scary thing called "the future" and focusing on the here and now (for once). I'm taking things by the hour (sometimes even the minute) and I'm a better person for it.

That last post, the one about how my book was nearly done? Yeah. You should probably ignore that. I'm looking at another 100 pages minimum (a little over 80,000 words) as my new projected target. At the rate I'm currently going--I'll have that in about a month. But we all know how fickle life can be. So for now, I don't know when I'll get it done.

MY CAR IS PAID OFF!!! Yes, that' s right, I officially own Orange Julius (my Chevy Cavalier). Thank God, too because in about 2 months I gotta start paying my (delayed) student loans *shudder*. What else is going on? I have a little money right now, so that's good. Leah and I are still enjoying marriage (one more week and it'll be a whole MONTH).

Today we mailed a BUNCH of stuff off, so some of you--my parents and Tennessee kin, can expect packages, letters, photos, and CD's. The rest of you, bad news: Leah seems to think giving the pictures as framed gifts for the holidays is better than just giving you the pictures now...so you may have a little bit of a wait. Sorry, not my call.

This weekend I am going to the movies. Leah wants to see NICK AND NORAH'S INFINITE PLAYLIST and I want to see Oliver Stone's Bush movie W. Anyone wishing to go with us knows how to reach me.

No comments: