Thursday, March 08, 2007

L'Esposizione Di Portabello


Today in Linguistics I wrote the outline of a mini-opera I'm writing for my story "Sea Change." Right now I'm calling it "L'Esposizione Di Portabello" which is Italian for "The Portobello Show." It's about a mushroom that wants to be a cedar tree. And yes, I realize that I may have lost my mind...

What else has been going on? Oh my eye. Two days ago I was cleaning my room and my left eye started to hurt, like I had something in it. I rubbed it and I guess I did some damage because for the next two days it hurt like a bee-otch. Leah wanted me to go over to the school of Optometry (literally next door to my dorm) but I refused (because I'm male and therefore hate doctors). Today I woke up and it feels much better (no more weeping in class). So I'm happy about that.

I'm not happy about the tests I took last night. My math test was okay (I didn't get a 100% but I got at least a B). I was too cheap to buy a calculator so I think I may have messed up some fractions I had to reduce. Oh well. I know I did some of them right and that makes me happy. And my Spanish III test was a disaster. Next time I will study those irregular verbs better.

On Monday Amber is coming out to spend a week of her Spring Break! I'm excited because...well I miss her. We're planning on doing a bunch of cool stuff: go to Forest Park (maybe the zoo), bowling with Leah and her Dad, White Castle (gotta do that), visit this cool piano bar on the Landing, I want to go and see this documentary at the Tivoli called "Glastonbury" (it's about the famous UK mega-concert...Oasis, Morrisey, and David Bowie are in it). Fun, fun, fun.

Tonight I'm going over to Leah's to watch STRANGER THAN FICTION which Kevin let me borrow. Nice. Nothing beats a free movie. At 4:00 I'm going down to the Loop to catch a free in-store performance by Dr. Dog (a cool new band that's rockin' my world right now). I might take a few pics or clips...just have to see what the set-up is like (if there are only 3 people there I might not do it just 'cos I don't want to call attention to myself).

It's the weekend for me now. I have a little homework, but nothing I can't handle. Basically I want to clean up before Amber comes out and I want to finish "Sea Change."

UPDATE:
I just finished writing two songs for my mini-opera. One is called "To Be A Cedar" and the other is "The Spore Song." Anyone that knows me will tell you that I'm always making up silly little songs...and I thought this would be a good opprotunity to use that talent. Their pretty Dr. Seuss-y, but I think the whole scene will be pretty funny.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kudos on doing the math the old-fashioned way. My last final my senior year in a physics lab--I was the only person who showed up without a calculator. Everyone else finished in a timely manner--I had to ask for extra time to finish, but at least I told myself it's me and not the machine that KNOWS how to do it.

Jason said...

Yeah I ended up getting a 93% on the test...so yay me!