Friday, March 02, 2007

Red lights, Green lights...

I am so excited. I'm excited because tonight I'm going to a show. No matter how many I go to, or who it is I'm seeing I always get all tingly. As I'm complained before--there has been a serious drought of shows. Last semester's JET and Angels and Airwaves show was about all there was. My problem is that I like a dying musical genre (rock). Okay, maybe it's not dead ("not dead yet...") but it is more underground--which as Little Steven says is probably where it belongs. Anyway, their is a flood of albums out/coming out that I want...which usually means that there will be concerts to follow. Tonight, as I've written before, I'm seeing The Apples in Stereo at 9:30 in Blueberry Hill's Duck Room (which is another reason I'm excited...I've never been to the Duck Room before). If it's what I'm imagining, it's a real dive. Shitty lights, shitty sound, not much room...perfect for an old school concert.



Me and Amber (and my various floozies) have been to many a room like that. About three years ago I saw the Apples in Columbia in that twin trailer-bar known as Mojos. What a dive. It took them hours to set everything up on the postage stamp sized "stage" (which was more like a tapped off rectangle in one corner of the room). But I saw three great bands that night, I mean really saw them. There's something magical about seeing a band play and then watch them walk over to the bar and get a drink after their set (rather than descend into the stage or just walk off and then hop into a bus/train/limo/plane and then fly off). I saw U2 in a huge arena, and it was good but not nearly as good as if I'd seen them 20+ years ago when they were just starting out and were playing little club gigs.

Anyway, I need to do a video blog but me heart ain't in it...so I may just skip it (rather than post some gibberish or rambling nonsense).

Hope you have fun tonight, I know I will.

"If There's Rock Show
At The Concertgebow
They're Got Long Hair
At The Madison Square
You've Got Rock And Roll
At The Hollywood Bowl,
We'll Be There ... Oo Yeah ...."

3 comments:

Dave said...

Aww... No video blog?

I mean, if it's anything like your last one, you'd be denying the internets a great service!

Jason said...

Ha-ha...seriously though...I can't think of anything to do or say and when that happens ya get one of two things:

1. a lazy post like last week

or

2. Me just rambling...aw fuck it...let me get my camera out...

Jason said...

You know it's funny...as crappy and pointless as last week's was...according to YOUTUBE it's been viewed twice as much as the previous week's "normal" vid blog. So there ya go, just goes to show that you never can tell.