Thursday, March 01, 2007

Scary Movie

Today I watched the Al Gore documentary AN INCONVENIENT TRUTH in one of my neighbors rooms. It was the scariest movie I've seen in a while. Compounding my fear was the days "wacky weather" which may or may not be my (and your) fault. I woke up and turned on the tube...and they were talking about how St. Louis was under a tornado watch. I thought to myself....Jason, you're asleep...because that makes no sense.

But I was awake, and though there was no tornado here, there were several across the country. It was damn windy out today. I walk to class (pretty much every day) and I was nearly knocked over several times by the wind. This guy Sam, how lives here in the dorms, said he almost lost his back pack to the breeze.

Anyway, go and rent/watch Gore's movie. It will scare the shit out of you. According to Gore, the polar caps and Greenland are melting. If only half of them melt away the World Trade Center site will be totally underwater. Scary stuff.

Anyway, I had dinner and then I went upstairs at the MSC (our student center) and wrote for like two hours. Then I came back here to the dorms and typed up the first five pages of my next short story "Sea Change." I'm excited because it's really strange/bizarre. I liken it to an acid trip. Not that I have any idea what that's like. I hope to have the first draft done by the end of the weekend (much like the past two weeks). We'll see...this is going to be a busy weekend (for a change). Tomorrow I'm going to see The Apples in Stereo with Leah down at Blueberry Hill in the Loop. This will be my second time seeing them (the other was in Columbia at Mojo's (which is a dive let me tell you)). Then Saturday I'm hoping to catch them at a free in-store appearance at Vintage Vinyl (also in the Loop). Maybe I'll be able to get them to sign something? THEN that night is Becky's birthday party/dinner...which is going to suck because I always get bored and act like an ass at social gatherings involving 4 or more people. Sunday is homework day. Then I get to start the whole thing all over again.

No comments: