Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Birthday, The Police, and other Junk

Saturday is my birthday (24 years). I'm not doing much, just having dinner and watching a movie--then I have to go to work. But LEAH WILL BE HERE!!! Which makes me happy, very happy actually. Because they don't have any for me work...I'm only working 56 hours this week. So I'm going to get a break. Next week, too, I'm going to get a break. I'm going out to St. Louis to see The Police (with me Mum). I bought us tickets for Mother's Day. As it just so happens, most of my family will be in St. Louis that weekend. Apparently, there is a PTA convention that weekend downtown. My Dad is a HUGE PTA person (he is president of my baby sister's elementary school). So Lindsey will be there, my Dad, and my Mom. I guess they're all going to hang out with Leah until I show up that Sunday. Good times. David/Jimu I'm going to have to get out there and see you guys while I'm in town.

Today was a strange day. I woke up to the sounds of blaring country music (ugh) that the painters were blaring right outside my window. My folks are getting the house re-painted. I'm glad because that means I'm not having to do it...but it sucks because they make all this noise while I'm trying to sleep.

But that's not really what was strange...what was strange was: today I was offered a job--in St. Louis!? I woke up and Amber told me I had a message on the machine (which is rare for two reasons: 1. No one calls me and 2. Those who do have my cell number). Turns out when I applied for a job at the school (and never heard anything back) they school KEPT MY NUMBER AND SOLD IT!!! I called this guy and he said he worked for some kind of marketing firm...something medical...he was vague. Anyway, we talked and he gave me a number to call when I get back out in St. Louis. I'm not sure how good a lead this will be, but it felt good. I felt like Leah. Leah is ALWAYS getting job offers. People are practically THROWING jobs at her.

4 comments:

Dave said...

I say that the batcycle is pretty cool.

I think you're just jealous that batman has bigger machine guns on his motorcycle than you do on yours. Would the security folks let you put a machine gun on a segway?

Dave said...

Eep. Wrong comment again. What I meant to put here was some junk about the TSA hiring at $12 something an hour. I got peeps at the airport, y'know.

Anonymous said...

Think big. Apply to the CIA.

Jason said...

Ha!! You know, I worked with a guy who was trying to get on with the INS. They investigated the CRAP out of him. I'd only known him for like...what...3 or 4 months and they were EVEN ASKING ME what I thought of the guy.

The CIA is probably even more strict about who they let in. Believe me (Leah will back this up): there is no way in hell I can stand any kind of psych. testing. I'm fucking nuts.