Friday, June 29, 2007

Dinosaurs of Rock!!!

Even though I'm really tired (and working a 16 hour shift tomorrow), I'm still pretty excited about this weekend. Sure, the drive out to St. Louis is going to be killer (especially after only 5 hours of sleep) but I'll get to see Leah.

And The Police!



This will be the second major rock show at the Saavis/Scottrade Center/whatever-you-want-to call-the-place-where-the-Blues-play. Unlike that Stones show (which was awesome), I'm going to actually have a seat...rather than a crappy "limited view" slot. I'm a bit disappointed with the opening band (Fiction Plane. Yeah, I've never heard of them either). But whatever.

I broke down and bought tickets to another show today...again at the Scottrade Center. The "Dinosaurs of Classic Rock" Summer continues with a trifecta of guitar awesomeness: ZZ Top, The Pretenders, and The Stray Cats. That's at the end of the month.

I'm excited...Leah is just tagging along.

Such is life.

There's another show I really want to attend in August at the Missouri State Fair--Alice Cooper with Blue Oyster Cult. No one wants to go with me though...ugh...and I really don't want to drive all the way out there alone...ugh...but I will damn it (if I have to). You can't beat two more dinosaurs for only $17!!!!

3 comments:

Dave said...

I've never been to a state fair.

I hope all the chickens there will be fried before Mr. Cooper eats them.

I really REALLY hope that there's a scary ride called the reaper there, and someone makes BOC ride it, despite their terror of it.

Jason said...

The (Missouri) State Fair has never really impressed me...but then again, I'm not a big "country" person. Have you ever been to Branson? It's like that...or "blue collar comedy." I don't like that stuff either.

I bet BOC DO FEAR THE REAPER...both real and imagined.

Dave said...

Yeah, but they've got deep-fried everything, or so I hear.

Perhaps they should have a booth with a big fryer, and breading stuff, and nothing else. You bring it, they fry it. Or maybe 2 fryers, one for food items, and one for anything else: Dead rat? Not food. Sneaker? Not food. They'll still fry it, but it goes in the 'stuff nobody will eat' fryer.