Monday, June 25, 2007

I'm Turning into a Metal-head...and it's all Guitar Hero's Fault

So I went to Best Buy today and turned the money my "Uncle Paul" (read: my sister's 42 year-old boyfriend) gave me into some headbanging CD's. I bought a Motorhead (love "Ace of Spades") CD and the new Avenged Sevenfold album ("The Beast and the Harlot"). I'm not a full blown psycho or anything, but I do blame Guitar Hero. You play through those songs a few 100 times and you start to like them. It's an insidious stroke of marketing. I don't care, there are so many good (really good) old school/classic rock bands on these games that kids nowadays just don't hear.

Think of all the middle schoolers who went out and bought a Rick Derringer CD (rather than the new 50 Cent). It's a beautiful thing...

Anyway, I'm sure none of you care...but I'm now TWO (count 'em) songs away from beating Guitar Hero II on HARD. All I have to do is complete the Living End's "Carry Me Home" and I'll have the last set list finished. THEN I'll have to face the dreaded "Free Bird" on HARD. I can't begin to imagine what that must be like.





Oh, and David: I tried Buckethead's "Jordan" on HARD. It kicked my ass...I barely made it through with 3 stars.

2 comments:

Dave said...

And on expert, it will be rather convenient if you're still in KC, 'cause you'll be crying for your mommy.

Jason said...

Dude, you ain't lying...the song goes from managable to "@#$%*" in about five seconds. It's weird too how songs that are SO EASY it's not even funny on other difficulties become the hardest ones on HARD and EXTREME.

Case in point: The Wolfmother song "Woman." For some reason, as soon as you ratched the difficulty up...that fucker becomes a monster. While on EASY (naturally) and MEDIUM it's a piece of cake.

But yes...lots of tears for mommy. Though the 15 songs is impressive (considering I did 5 of them last night). Now I need to get 100% 5 Stars on HARD...