Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Summer Goal #2: COMPLETE

Well I did it! I have now completed EASY, MEDIUM, and HARD on Guitar Hero II. I know that for some of you, that isn't a big deal...but it was one of two goals I had set for myself this summer. My primary goal (make as much money as humanly possible) remains...but what a sweet victory I have tonight.

That damn Living End song took me forever to beat. When I finally got it, it was by the skin of my teeth (lots of flashing red lights). "Free Bird" is weird. There are only two reasons it's hard:

1. Like David pointed out, it's really long
2. Those damn solos

The rest is kinda, dare I say it, boring. If you can hold out (i.e. stay focused during the simple parts) and conserve your star power...one can make it through "Free Bird" just fine. I bought the skull/octopus guitar that I unlocked (it's sweet and is my new favorite guitar). But my victory was a bit--hollow (if that's the right word). See, I still need 5 stars on 3 songs to have all 5 stars on MEDIUM. I thought "Gee, you can beat HARD--but you can't get 100% 5 stars on MEDIUM? L-A-M-E"

So I stopped celebrating and played those three songs about 10 times a piece (again, that fucking Living End song was my bane). Finally though, I did it!!! I unlocked the stupid (in my opinion) Viking Guitar (and bought it). All that work for a guitar that looks like a Viking's head with a sword through it? Lame. Try again Harmonix, try again. Anyway, I was on a roll...in a groove--so I kept going. And I wound up beating another 5 songs on the EXPERT difficulty.

I'm not too worried about EXPERT. Sure, from time to time I'll try it...maybe if/when I get bored. But frankly, as another blogger put it:

"I don't even mess with...[EXPERT]it's a widowmaker..."

I have to agree, I mean there is hard and then there is just stupidly-impossible. I can't believe there is a reward for getting 100% 5 stars on EXPERT (how many people in the WORLD have gotten it? Do you know anyone?).

Now onto more important life goals...anyone know what THOSE are???



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've master Purple Haze?

Jason said...

Ha! I wish GH2 had Hendrix...I dunno, I heard the first one had a Hendrix song (not "Purple Haze") but I never played it. Anyway, now we can talk about more important things...