Thursday, August 16, 2007

Hail to the KING!


Today is anniversary of the passing of Elvis Aaron Presley. You know who he was, I know who he was--he's been dead since 1977 and yet his legend lives on. I wish I was back in Kansas City, a radio station me and my dad like to listen to have an annual Elvis parade on this day. If you're in town you owe it to yourself to head down to Barney Allis Plaza (that's downtown, right next to my old Command and Control center)and check it out.

I went to the King's house once, a few years back. It knocked my socks off. THE MAN HAD 3 TV's all on one wall (this was back when there was only 3 stations, thus allowing the King to watch everything on TV at once). The sheer amount of excess...the grandeur...plus the dude is buried in his backyard (which is both cool and weird).

Anyway, I know that we're all busy people--but today take some time to stop and think about the king.

No comments: