Sunday, August 19, 2007

Traditional "Back-to-School" Post

Yep, it's that time again...for the last time(?). Tomorrow I have to (yikes) get up early and go to class. My first class of the new semester is my Art History class (taken because I have too many English classes). Then I have American Fiction to WWI (with my friends Paul and Katie). That should be good. I'm not really looking forward to the Art class. On Tuesday I have Shakespeare and Prose and Poetry of the Victorian Period (which, honestly, I'm not looking forward to either).

I'm glad I have all my classes early on in the day (in case I ever find a job...), but after spending the past three months working the third shift I regret not going for afternoon classes.

I feel strange being out here, but not in the dorms. Living out here in the apartment is great, but it feels like I'm in a really nice hotel. It's too big to be a dorm...to small to be a house. I was worried about living with Leah, but I think that's going to be fine. The big thing now is just finding a job. I feel like shit not having one. Leah has two!!! I took her to work and picked her up from her second job on Saturday night...I felt terrible. Anyway, that's what is really worrying me right now--not school work or classes (which I'm pretty sure I can handle).

One semester left, I'm not concerned about the next four months...just what comes after...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

My art history class was at 8 a.m. All those flashing slides waaaay too early in the morning.

Don't feel bad--yet--about the job. Taking Leah to work must simplify her life a bit. That's redeeming.

Anonymous said...

I never got Shakespeare unless it was delivered in an actual play format or movie format. Trying to actually READ the material used to tie my brain in knots. The primary source material from that era is easier to read than old Billy is.

Terri, my Art History classes were both at night and they were way too late in the evening for slides.

Least in the American Fiction class, you should get some Hemmingway.

Or maybe not. Been too long since I studied actual Literary Literature.

Respects,
Murph
Northtown, Missouri

Jason said...

Ugh, my Art History class is the pits. For one thing, I ALMOST made it out of college without having one of those huge lecture hall classes (where the teacher wears a microphone) but no...

And the lady uses slides, but they are WAAAAAY to small to be seen from the back (I'll have to get their earlier).

As for the job thing, I'm getting better about it. Leah asked her boss (on campus) about the print shop job...she said it would take them a while to get back to me (something about giving people enough time to apply--for fairness?). Anyway, I want that job.

Murph--I agree about The Bard. No Hemmingway in my other fiction class--we stop at 1908. We're reading a book called DEERSLAYER first. Then some Twain. Oh well, could be worse.

Eternal Sunshine of Katie's Mind said...

Hey Jason. It was good to see you too! It really sucks that after Cook's class I have to go back to my car and drive over the South Campus. :(
If you need any help with your Art History class, you've found the right person. I LOVE it! I almost majored in it, but there's just not a whole lot of job prospects. Anyway, just let me know if you need any study help or anything. :) See you tomorrow. (By the way, I think The Deerslayer sucks....so far).

Anonymous said...

James Fenimore Cooper is one of my husband's favorite authors--it's romance for MALES.

Jason said...

Thanks Katie, I might need help with that class! I can't believe you too hate DEERSLAYER. Am I the only person who hates this book?

Jason said...

Oh, I guess not! Thanks for making me feel better Terri! Tell your husband he has brilliant taste in books.