Friday, August 03, 2007

Nothing to talk about

This is one of those posts all about how there is nothing to write/talk about. I'm taking my camera to work tomorrow (a different post, West Rover) because I want to get some shots overlooking the West Bottoms area. I have a million things I should be doing, but I don't feel like doing any of it. Packing, changing my address, calling my insurance company, etc.

Blah, blah, blah...

I've pretty much stopped being a guard. I take my laptop to work and hole up in this abandoned office...watching DVD's. I usually get through about 2 movies a shift (I mean, I do get up and make a few token rounds). Last night I watched my sister's copy of 300. It was better than I remember it being. Tonight I'm kicking it old school with a Eddie Murphy Double Feature: 48 HOURS and ANOTHER 48 HOURS. Buddy-cop movies from the '80s rule.

Oh, congrats to Leah--who took the GRE today. Apparently she did really well. Yay Leah!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Personally, I was STUNNED by my GRE results. My scores were waaay-higher in math reasoning than in verbal. I had taken just one basic algebra class in college, so what my scores proved that I REMEMBERED the math that was drilled into me in high school!

Problem was, I wanted into a graduate school for English! Yikes!

Anonymous said...

Heh, I managed to get out of taking the GRE. That is a blog entry right there.

Why aren't you writing at work, man! Gads, you are doing the same thing with your laptop that I did with mine when I had one. I think having mine break on me was probably the best thing for my writing.

Still, I admit to watching my share of DVDs when I should be writing. Or worse, YouTube.

Respects,
Murph
Northtown, Missouri

Jason said...

Hee...great minds think alike Murph. I just can't work on my writing when I'm tired. That, and I'm not even sure if I'm going to write anymore.

I gotta hear how you got out of the GRE (and I think Leah would too).