Friday, August 31, 2007

New Macca Single SUCKS

I downloaded a new Paul McCartney song a few days ago. I didn't rush out to buy the new album when it came out a few months ago. I thought his last one CHAOS AND CREATION IN THE BACKYARD was actually really good...but like so many rockers gone gray, McCartney had mellowed a bit further than I was willing to go. Still, I recognize that it was a good record (Jason Falkner even played on a track!). And there were a few good songs.

But this whole Heather Mills divorce thing has really soured me on Sir Paul. He used to be my favorite Beatle, but now days I try not to think about him. It's messed up that he and Ringo are the only two left, and sometimes (given Paul's bad press) I wish they were gone too.

Anyway, I downloaded "Nod Your Head" because it was the free single of the week on iTUNES (I think today might be the last day for it to be free). Anyway, it's pretty god-awful. The song is only like 1:50 or so, but I could barely listen to it all. For some reason, Paul got the idea to try and be "edgy." I know I just complained that the last record was a bit too mellow...but this song reminded me of the time Pat Boone tried to go Metal. Yikes.

No comments: