Monday, August 13, 2007

Yes, I'm Alive

Well I'm writing this from me and Leah's new apartment. It's been a hell of three days for me...let me tell you. I went and finished up my work for Uni-Guard SUCKurity. I laid low and watched DVD's on my laptop. Saturday morning I changed into some swim trunks (Hawaiian print, natch) and went up to the office. I deposited my uniforms and left downtown KC for the last time. All the holes in my body the ones I was born with (no extra ones).

I went home and slept till about 3:00pm then we (my family and I) went out for pizza at Minsky's. After that me and Leah packed up my cars with everything I own and headed for St. Louis. We got in around 9:00pm. It sucked moving everything upstairs, but thankfully Leah's Dad had some of his employees move all the furniture last week. So that was good. We've just been unpacking, and unpacking, and unpacking. I wanted to get it all done Sunday (boy was that crazy). I estimate that by next weekend we should be all moved in.

The phone people just left, so now I have Internet (thank God, because we have no TV the rabbit ears only pick up like 3 channels). We're all doing really well. I should have some pictures of the move/our new place up later tonight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I said I was gonna leave you two alone for a month or so--but this post reminded me of a nephew of mine who works for the KCPD. He wanted a tattoo of a bullet hold on his right pec. The family threw a fit--as though he was tempting fate, when his job was dangerous to begin with.

Will you have cable? I couldn't live without my news.

Have you started cooking?

Jason said...

Ugh...yeah we aren't getting cable. It's a combo of we can't afford it/we shouldn't have it. At the time we made this decision it seemed like a smart move...now I'm not so sure.

yes, tonight I cooked Leah dinner. We had my oven potatos and the chicken parisian (she'd never had it before).