Friday, August 03, 2007

Nearing the END!!!

Well summer sure has gone by in a flash. It seems like only yesterday I was packing up my dorm room...now I'm packing up my old room in my parents basement. I didn't really make a big deal about it, but on Monday me and Leah signed the lease on our apartment. We're both really excited (though truth be told, I dread the move). Not sure how the three of us will get along out there, but we're going to give it the old "college try."

My marathon of work ends a week from today. I've worked my ass of (literally) all summer. All told, I probably took about 8 days off all summer. I have two more double (16 hour) shifts to work...I think I'm doing a paltry 65 hours next week. I wish I had my last "weekend" off but I'm working one of my nights off (so all I get is Sunday off before the move).

We have a little house guest here at the Limemonkey Ranch...I'm watching Rusty for the next 2 weeks. What will Leah do without him for so long? I don't know (she sure is crazy about that dog). He was a good boy on the ride out to KC (though I did have to vacuum my car when I got home (despite the bed sheet)). I wish I was home more to spend time with him, but luckily my family loves him. I guess the other night my baby sister was taking a bath--and Rusty jumped into the tub with her!!! He sure is a funny dog.

Anyway, it's nearly the end of the summer (can you believe that?). Despite all the hard work, I've actually had a pretty okay time. Weird huh?

5 comments:

Eternal Sunshine of Katie's Mind said...

Hey Jason. Where did you two decide to move? Congratulations!!!
Have you read those books for Sylvia's class? I meant to, but I haven't opened a book all summer. It's actually been kinda nice. Oh well, I might read Uncle Tom's Cabin before school starts. Well, I probably won't, but it's a nice thought. :)

Jason said...

We got a place in U. City (I don't want to say too much more online). It's a really nice 2 bedroom place. I'm excited because other than the dorms, I've always lived at home.

No, I haven't been reading much either this summer. Paul had me read the first Dark Tower book (it was really good) but if he hadn't harped on me about it, I probably wouldn't have read a thing. I've been so busy working. I actually just started collecting my school books...so I can't get a jump start even if I wanted to (which I don't I'm too tired).

I should though...I have the books for Sylvia's class, 8 plays for Shakespeare, and then I'm taking Mayhan for that Victorian Prose/Poetry class you and Paul had last semester. My reading list is HUGE.

Jason said...

BTW me and Paul are talking about getting together sometime before school starts, not sure how busy you are but it'd be nice to see you too.

Paul asked me the other night if you were still taking that class with us. He thinks we're the 3 Amigos.

Anonymous said...

You know what's weird? Once you and Leah set up housekeeping, my intuition tells me that I should step way back for a month or so and allow you your privacy...and not even peek at the blog. Is that old-fashioned or what?

Jason said...

Well: you are old-fashioned Terri. I mean, I know I post private stuff...but believe it or not I DO censor this blog (just a bit).

I'm not sure what it is you're afraid of seeing anyway...I did have a dorm room these past 2 years, but we've been living together (either at her parents basement or my dorm) since we met.