Monday, August 13, 2007

Moving Day/Moving In

Ugh. We picked the hottest weekend this year to move into our new apartment. We got in around 9:00 at night. Which meant I was unpacking my car in the dark. The total dark. I'm not sure if it's because no one has been living in our building for a while or what...but the place inside and out was pitch black dark. The nearest street light was too far to give me any help. After about an hour I got it all inside. We were both so tired.



Then we noticed how hot it was. Like really, really hot. Our A/C unit has not been doing it's job these past three (very hot) days. The coolest we've been able to get it (up till today) has been 81 degrees. Today we got it down to 76 (felt like Decemeber compared to 81). We're currently waiting for the repair guy to show up and fix it...and our garbage disposal.



Yes, I cooked dinner tonight. It was the first time me (or Leah) had cooked in the new place. I made my oven roasted potatos and chicken Parisian (Leah had never had it before). It turned out good...but the oven and range made the place VERY hot. I'm not going to sugar coat this...I was basically naked. In fact, for the past 3 day's I've been living much like Tom Hanks in CAST AWAY. Very much either naked or loin cloth (boxers). Now it's true, I like the new found freedom...but mostly it's been because of the heat.



We have no cable, and when we decided not to get cable a few months ago...it seemed like a good idea. But now, now that I'm living cable-less...well, it blows. I just now (literally) found an wall outlet that doesn't seem to be working (meaning my laptop is about to run out of juice). So I guess that's it for now...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

See, I know I shouldn't be visiting your blog. Newlywed nakedness...I blush.

Jason said...

LOL sorry Terri...but that's how I came into this world...probably how I'll leave it...