Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Calling in "Mario"...er...sick



I didn't go to school today, instead I stayed home and played the new Mario game that came out on Tuesday. I was going to buy it for Leah (for Hanukkah), but she had other plans. So, she bought it...but I'm the only one who's played it. She's too busy or stressed out...or something.

Anyway, SUPER MARIO GALAXY is a blast. It's a total throwback to SUPER MARIO 64 (not the 64th title in the series, but rather the Mario game on the Nintendo 64 system). It's fun, a bit on the easy side--but fun. The game makes pretty good use of the Wii's nontraditional controller. There is something satisfying about being a plumber who kills his enemies by jumping on their heads.

I did some writing too--I made my word count. Normally this wouldn't be a big deal, but I didn't quite make it yesterday. I'm still ahead (by a little over 700 words), so don't panic. Tomorrow I'm going to hit double milestone: I'm going to pass 100 pages (which I have never done before) and I'm going to hit the halfway mark to 50,000 words. Big, big day.

The next week is going to be the hardest. I'm going to be writing on the road. Saturday I'm going home to KC and next Tuesday I'm flying with Leah to New Mexico. I'm going to take my camera and post a few pictures. Should make for some more interesting posts.

No comments: