Wednesday, November 07, 2007

NaNoWriMo Day 7 Wrap-Up


Okay, end of the first week of this insanity...and I gotta admit--this shit is starting to get hard. I've been using the excuse of "my life" as to why it's gotten a bit harder to meet my daily goal...but the truth is more complicated. I have plenty of story left. I have plenty of drive. What I'm running low on is endurance. Coffee is helping...however I only have that home. The past two days in the library I've probably written 1,000 words. I sat there today for two hours and wrote two pages.

I don't think I'm going to drag my computer around UMSL anymore. It's heavy and for whatever reason, I'm not being productive at school. Since a majority of my writing seems to be done after dinner now, I'm going to embrace that (rather than try to fight it).

Anyway, I meet (and exceeded slightly) my daily word count--1,686 words. I finished Chapter 1 and started Chapter 2. Starting the new chapter is where I ran into some difficulty in the library. Once I got it going though (about a page and a half in) the sailing got smoother. Tomorrow should be easier. I could have kept going, but at this point I think I need to pace myself. Anyway, progress is being made--13,000 words total. Tomorrow I'll pass the 50 page mark. I'm tired, but excited.

No comments: