Friday, November 23, 2007

NaNoWriMo Day 22&23 Wrap-Up


Yesterday (as you know) was Thanksgiving...and I as such, I had nothing to do but sit around and wait for the turkey to be cooked. I set myself a pretty lofty goal--I wanted to write 5,000 words and get to 40,000. I didn't make it though. I had a paper I had to write, so I went a little over my word count and then I stopped to write the school paper. Earlier this semester I had some trouble writing my papers...but this one was a breeze. I guess when you've written as much as I have lately, a little English paper is nothing...

So, where do I stand?

I'm still ahead (by 518 words). I wrote a little over 1,700 word the past two days putting my overall word count at 38,859 words. My page count is 143 (and a half) pages...which is good because I'm hoping my first draft will be slight above 200 pages. Tomorrow I'm going to cross the 40,000 word mark. Only 10K to go!!! I have one week left and, as long as I make my word count everyday I'm going to make it to 50,000!!! I don't think I'm going to have the first draft finished, though, until the second week of December. I never thought I'd say this...but 50K isn't enough words!

My who things have changed.

No comments: