Sunday, November 18, 2007

NaNoWriMo Day 17&18 Wrap-Up


Okay, I'm done freaking out (for now). Yesterday me and Leah drove to Kansas City and I started getting sick. The long and short of it is: I didn't do very much writing. This was the first time since October where I did hardly no writing. It felt horrible. Today I woke up and starting working on it. I had to write more than the 1667 words to catch up to where I was supposed to be (this was a first for me, usually, even when I didn't hit 1667, I was still ahead of the game...being behind sucks).

Though I felt like shit, I banged it out (I'm even a few words ahead). I reached another big milestone today--30,000 words! I'm 60% there. If I can only survive the Thanksgiving break...

Wish me luck, and send me good vibrations.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm rooting for you. This whole effort is likely a good sample of treating writing like a craftsman, a little progress every day, and not just when you feel inspired.

Jason said...

Thanks Terri. You're right, this whole process has helped me move past only writing when the mood strikes me. I could never figure out how people write these huge 1000+ page books, but now I know--you treat it like a job and work at it everyday.