Thursday, November 15, 2007

NaNoWriMo Day 15 Wrap-Up


Two major milestones were reached today:

1. I am now OVER HALF of the way to 50,000 words. Today I crossed 25,000 words!!!

2. I also wrote the 100th page!!!

It's weird, having written this much. In the past I'd write every few days or so, but for hours at a time. When I was done with something I was drained. By writing a little bit everyday my word count is increasing but my stamina is holding. I guess it's true what they say, slow and stead wins the race (also PACE YOURSELF!).

I started working on the fourth chapter today (it's actually the fifth if you include the prologue). Right now my biggest complaint is my chapters. I have two main plot thread and one small one...I'm juggling them all well, but I'm not sure if some parts belong in chapters with the other threads. I may go back (when I'm done, deep in the editing process...months from now) and break it all up into small chapters (rather than the lengthy ones I have now).

I donated $10 to the people over at the NaNoWriMo website. I felt bad reading all their sob stories about how they need funding. I decided they've done me a great service and even though I'm poor, I can manage $10. The money goes to help run the website and fund various programs to encourage children (and adults) to be creative. If you have a spare dollar, go give it to them!

Word's written today--1,960

Total word count--26,462

No comments: