Tuesday, November 06, 2007

NaNoWriMo Day 6 Wrap-Up


Today was the hardest day thus far. My life got in the way. I got half my word count done at school today a little after 12:00 noon. The rest (roughly 700 words) I literally just finished writing (nearly 10:30pm). Ugh. I got sidetracked by the Internet...and my friends...and a Happy Apple Leah bought me in the cafeteria.

When I got home I got sucked into ER (I got Leah season 1 for her b-day). After that and dinner I had to sit in the tub and read half of PUDD'NHEAD WILSON by Mark Twain (which thus far is actually really good) for tomorrow's class. Then I sat to write and there was this HUGE (seriously) bug on the ceiling over my side of the desk in the study...

But I met my word count (and then some). I got 1,704 words written today. My page count is 42...but the big news is my overall word count, because today I cleared 10,000 words! Yep, I'm at 11,333 words total.

The NaNoWriMo site is back up and working, so I updated my word count on my profile. I was happy to watch the little bar graph finally grow! Some of the people I talked to today scoffed at me (to say the least) but I'm trying not to let it get me down. I'm going to do this.

No comments: