Monday, November 26, 2007

Final Week of NaNoWriMo & Exit Exams


Okay, this it...crunch time. I have to confess that I'm still a little surprised that I've made it thus far. But now is not the time to celebrate, far from it.

First, the bad news:

I'm a few hundred words behind on my word count. I took Sunday off (too tired) and it's really biting me in the ass. I now have to write 2,000 words a day for the rest of the week to make 50,000 by Friday.

The good news:

Today I hit 42,000 words! Only 8,000 words left to go!!! Even better--my story won't be wrapped up in 8,000 words...meaning instead of having a NaNoWirMo "novella" (come on 50,000 isn't a full length novel) I may actually write a fairly lengthy novel.

Ugh, my head already hurts just thinking about the editing...


In other news:

Today I took my exit exams. It was really weird, sitting there in the English Department offices...taking it alone...I was supposed to take it last Tuesday, but I was in New Mexico! Anyway, I made it up today and it was really depressing. Between my money situation, my impending graduation, and lack of job prospects...I'm about 1/2 an inch shy of a nervous break down!!! Yay!

Sorry, but I gotta ask:

"Where have all the good times gone?"

No comments: