Wednesday, November 28, 2007

NaNoWriMo Day 28 Wrap-Up


Well the first part of this crazy thing is nearly over. The spark that got me writing my first novel is nearly over, NaNoWriMo 2007. I have only 2 more days to reach 50,000 words. How am I doing? Well, baring any sort of mishap, I'm going to make it. Today I wrote a little bit beyond my word count (to catch up) and am not sitting at 45,279.

All I have to do is write 4,721 words in the next two days. Then I can say I "won." Yay!

Only, there is one small problem--much like my High School graduation, there is less to celebrate because guess what? I ain't done. I simply have too much more in my head, another 5K isn't going to get the job done, which means even after November I'm still not going to "have" a novel. I'm afraid that the discipline was wane (after all, I "won" right?) plus I have finals, graduation, and job hunting looming *yikes*. Basically, I'm happy that I'm going to complete my first NaNoWriMo, and that I've written so much already. I'm proud of myself, and think this is a great experience, but I'm worried I STILL won't finish this thing.

My plan is to keep plugging away (including keeping the daily word count) until it's done. My hope is two more weeks of work and I'll be typing "The End" on my the last page of my first draft.

So, even though in two days I'll have "won"...I won't consider myself a winner (not yet).

No comments: